BSc(Hons)in French and German, Cert TEFLA (CELTA), Dip TEFLA (DELTA). Starting teaching in 1979, Linda speaks four languages, worked in Japan/Korea and she has designed courses for Cambridge, Business, Travel, Groups & IELTS
MBA in Sogang University, CLTi TEFL Cert. Bringing over 25 years experience in business development & joint ventures in the Asia region, David has a deep understanding of CLTi’s teaching process, as well as the needs of our delivery partners.
M.Soc.Sci.(Hons) Social Anthropology. Adam has worked as a network administrator, programmer and technical writer in New Zealand and abroad.
B.Ed (adult Education), RSA Cert TEFLA, WEC Cert. Cross Cultural Mission. Teaching English since 1985, for over 10 years at CPIT, writing & teaching TESOL courses for the Christchurch College of Education; has now been with Tesol Education for over 4 years
BA, RSA Cert TEFLA. She has taught English in a number of well-established language schools, specialising in IELTS and Travel and Tourism courses. Catherine has worked for CLTi for 3 years and is passionate about teacher training
About TESOL Education
TESOL Education is a specialist in communicative language training, combining the best trainers and course materials with e-learning and technology solutions to offer courses around the world. Your trainer will be a teacher with:
- At least one Bachelor Degree
- At least 5 years’ teaching experience
- A Cert. TEFLA qualification or equivalent.
Our trainers use materials that have been developed by a team of English language teacher training experts. Our courses are designed for Non-English Speaking Background teachers wanting the best in Tesol classroom practice, being approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), Focusing on language development needs, we offer assistance with careers, accommodation & pastoral care
From the blog
We offer customised on-site Certificate courses around the world for Educational Institutions. We'll adapt the course to suit your institution and your staff, and run the course when and where you need it
All courses are available in Christchurch, New Zealand, and at any overseas location by arrangement. Courses in Christchurch, New Zealand can also include a Study Tour option
We offer our students a superior level of service and support. As well as mentoring and assistance with careers and accommodation, we have a wide range of e-learning and online resources
Diploma in Tesol - Developing Lifelong Careers
Giving You the Qualifications and Experience to Develop a Lifelong Career
At the end of this course you will have the techniques you need to be a competent ESOL teacher and to prepare students for English exams and English for specific purposes.
Diploma in TESOL (Forty Weeks): You’ll cover the following in your course:
- What makes a good teacher, and what makes communicative language teaching?
- How and why we teach the way we do
- How to adapt your teaching to teach English for different purposes
- Syllabus design and lesson planning
- Use and develop texts and resources for exam classes (IELTS, FCE, TOEFL etc)
- Use and develop texts and resources for ESP classes, such as business English
- Learn a wide range of practical activities you can use in different ways for different purposes
- Techniques for teaching spoken and written English for exams and general English
- Practice delivery of listening, reading, writing and speaking lessons in different types of lessons
- Teach pronunciation and vocabulary in all types of classes
- Practice techniques for starting classes
- Use and adapt games for a variety of lesson types
- Theory and practice for managing your class
- Theory and analysis of language acquisition
- Practice techniques for correcting students
- Improve your own English language in key areas
- Reflect on your own learning and teaching experience
- Classroom observations